- 0.1 Power-point presentation and Workshop on the Hot New health topics of 2019 that Optimize Peak Energy and Healthy Lifespans (*)
- 1 Workshop Description
- 2 Subjects Covered
- 3 Introduction (90 minutes)
- 4 The Hallmarks of Accelerated Aging
- 5 Bottom line: Paradigm Shift in Target Therapeutics
- 6 A. Peak Energy with Stem Cell & Hormone Rejuvenation, Detoxification, Therapeutic Fasting, Superfoods and Wine Therapy (Three hours)
- 7 B. Peak Energy with Mitochondrial Enhancement & Microbiota Diversity (Two and a half hours)
- 8 C. Peak Energy with a robust but fine-tuned Immune system & Holistic Nutrition (Two and a half hours)
- 9 D. Peak Energy DNA repair enhancement and Circadian Rhythms Alignment (Two hours)
- 10 E. Peak Energy with Telomere therapy, Senescence Regulation, Gene Activation, Nutrient sensing and Angiogenesis Modulation (Two hours)
- 11 F. General Application & Case Studies (Six hours)
- 12 Avoiding & Reversing Auto-immune and Cancer Diseases (One hour)
- 13 The Biology and Hallmarks of Cancer
- 14 Avoiding and Reversing Cardiovascular Events (One hour)
- 15 Avoiding and Reversing Alzheimer’s disease as well as other neurological disorders and amyloidosis (One hour)
- 16 Avoiding and Reversing Metabolic Syndrome (Diabetes, obesity and high blood pressure), Hormonal disorders & and Joint degeneration (One hour)
- 17 Minimizing the Accelerated Aging Pathways and Optimizing the Optimal Longevity Hallmarks (90 minutes)
- 18 G. Conclusion.
- 19 The Twelve Fundamentals in Holistic Medicine (30 minutes)
- 20 Power-point Outline
- 21 Learning Objectives and take-aways
- 22 Conditions
- 23 Venue
- 24 Date
- 25 Two Organic Vegan Mediterranean-Style Longevity Lunches
- 26 One Kitchen Demonstration during Lunch
- 27 Instructor
- 28 Precision Notes
- 29 Partial Selective Bibliography
Power-point presentation and Workshop on the Hot New health topics of 2019 that Optimize Peak Energy and Healthy Lifespans (*)
This power-point-based workshop reviews the latest breakthrough peak performance and rejuvenation technologies that are redefining medicine, all of which are safe, efficient, cost-friendly and robustly evidence-based. These technologies can be activated directly by the patient, thereby empowering the “healer” within, with few if any expenses and intermediaries. Furthermore, when the patient is compliant to this Workshop’s lessons, a healthy lifespan of 110 years and beyond becomes real.
Introduction (90 minutes)
While the average life expectancy has increased dramatically in the last 100 years, Healthy life expectancy (“healthspan”) has not.
In this introduction, we will briefly examine both different theories of aging and a few of the cellular & molecular Aging pathways
Theories of Aging
Genetics alterations with aging
The phenotypes associated with aging driven by “dysfunction” at every scale.
The Hallmarks of Accelerated Aging
Accelerated Aging is characterized by a rapid loss of physiological integrity, paving the way to impaired function, increased vulnerability, un-necessary suffering, chronic diseases and death. This deterioration is the primary risk factor for major human pathologies including cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disorders, and neurodegenerative diseases. In the last couple of decades, longevity science has experienced unprecedented research breakthroughs, particularly with the discovery that the rate of aging is controlled by genetic pathways and biochemical processes conserved in evolution. In Holistic Medicine, we show that sustainable Lifestyle, Holistic Savoir-faire and non-invasive health interventions can significantly control this accelerated aging process so that humans can achieve their 120 years healthy lifespan potential. The Hallmarks below represent biological processes and common denominators of aging in different organisms, in particular with mammals. A major challenge is to dissect the interconnectedness between the below-mentioned hallmarks and their contribution to aging, with the final goal of identifying holistic formulas and Lifestyle codes that can extend healthy human Lifespan to beyond 120 years.
1. Genomic instability.
2. Mitochondrial DNA Break-down & Dysfunction
3. Telomere Shortening and Attrition. Telomerase Depletion
4. Epigenetic Alterations
5. Loss of Proteostasis
6. Deregulated Nutrient-sensing
7. Cellular Senescence & the proliferation of Senescent cells
8. Stem Cell Exhaustion
9. Altered Intercellular Communication.
Summary on the First Nine Hallmarks
10-14. Complementary Hallmarks identified by the ACR & OL Institutes
Analysis: Longevity Mechanisms in supercentenarian & long-lived animals
Case studies of a few Humans and Animals who have significantly outlived their peers
Top: The French Mediterranean dancer, Madame Jeanne Calment, a Piscean born on February 21, 1875, is still the Optimal Longevity Champion, notwithstanding some evidentiary controversies. Having reached 122.5 years, according to her claims, she “allowed” herself to die. In other words, she could have continued to live. Her age was confirmed via birth certificate and the Guiness Record scientist-investigators, in conjunction with university experts, confirmed this fact as well as many other facts that proved beyond any reasonable doubt that human beings were capable of reaching 122 years of Life without major chronic diseases and without any drugs or supplements. In this picture, she was 120.
In this Case Study, we will examine the Life and thoughts of the Mediterranean supercentenarian Champion Jeanne Calment whose longevity record has never been broken. (Source) We will also look at her lifestyle, her diet and her medical records that span from 111 years to 118. Thereafter, we will make an evidence-based determination as to what kept her going for over 122 years. A few other super centenarians as well as animals will be compared to this all time longevity record breaker. And yes, she drank red wine with her Med-diet meals, (with, on occasion A2 quality cheese & wild fish), had a great sense of humor and enjoyed lots of dark chocolate, up to one kilo a week (2.2. pounds). (Source) But according to Jeanne herself, French scientists and her doctor, her healthy lifespan secret was something else.
Bottom line: Paradigm Shift in Target Therapeutics
Just as ceasing industrial tobacco ameliorates multiple bodily functions, just like treating obesity leads to improvement in metabolic profile, targeting the longevity pathways holistically postpones or avoids most if not all chronic diseases and age-associated conditions while significantly improving healthspan. We are now ready to zoom in different biological longevity pathways and Peak energy processes.
A. Peak Energy with Stem Cell & Hormone Rejuvenation, Detoxification, Therapeutic Fasting, Superfoods and Wine Therapy (Three hours)
The first series of breakthroughs regards stem cell and hormone rejuvenation. While bio-identical hormones and stem cell injection therapy has been prevalent in the anti-aging & integrative medical fields for decades, this Workshop focuses on holistic ways to activate one’s own stem and progenitor cells as well as hormones and other signaling molecules. In this Session, the workshopee will learn different forms of exercises as well as therapeutic fasting, detoxification, autophagy enhancers, wine medicine and a few other techniques that can rejuvenate signaling molecules and endogenous stem cell production. (1)
1. Stem Cells, Signaling Molecules and Hormone Biology. Neurogenesis.
2. Exercises, (from burst training to other modalities) & Aromatherapy.
3. Hydration: The ADH system. Deep Ocean Water & Quinton. Different drinking waters and how-when to drink.
4. Detoxification (including from glyphosate and heavy metals that feed deleterious parasites).
5. Therapeutic Fasting: Different forms of fasting & caloric restriction.
6. The superfoods, supplements and herbs that can help to boost stem cells and rejuvenate signaling molecules, including, but not lmited to hormones, neuro-transmitters and cytokines.
7. Wine Therapy (Part One)
8. Case Studies
B. Peak Energy with Mitochondrial Enhancement & Microbiota Diversity (Two and a half hours)
The second series of breakthroughs deals with mitochondrial enhancement and the impact of the microbiota and its microbiome on peak energy and quality life extension. Just like the human liver, the “human” microbiota generates hundreds of useful activities, including the production of short-chain fatty acids that are associated to a strong immune system. In this perspective, the attendee will learn the basic science that explains the vitality and Life extension benefits of mitochondrial and Microbiota therapy. (2) Thereafter, hackable and holistic techniques that nurture these two inter-related bodily functions will be presented via power-point presentation.
1. The Science behind Mitochondrial Medicine and the Microbiota Therapy. The revolution (in medicine) of the microbiome and its cross-talk with the human genome.
2. Enhancing the mitochondria’s “energy-fuel-ROS” system as well as intestinal permeability (leaky gut).
3. General Lifestyle Techniques that favor the repair & rejuvenation of the mitochondria and microbiota.
4. Specific Mitochondrial enhancers.
5. Specific Microbiota enhancers. Striving toward eco-diversity.
6. Case Studies
C. Peak Energy with a robust but fine-tuned Immune system & Holistic Nutrition (Two and a half hours)
The third series of breakthroughs this workshop deals with is based on the latest scientific findings that highlight different holistically-based immune modulation and nutritional strategies, all of which impact the epigenetic expression of longevity, vitality and peak energy. (3) People who have strong immune systems can still be energically weak, get cancer and prematurely die. During the Spanish flu, the people with the strongest immune systems died the quickest, from what is called the “cytokine storm”. The allergy and auto-immunity epidemics are also connected to an over-reactive and denatured immune system. This Session will therefore teach how to clean up, fine-tune and modulate the immune system so that infections and auto-immune disorders don’t hinder the flow of peak performance and extended Lifespan. (4)
1. The Basics of Immunology, Nutrition & Gene expression
2. Holistic Immune-Modulation Techniques (heliotherapy, hyperthermia, herbology and more)
3. Case Studies on immunotherapy
4. The Basics of Clinical Nutrition, Culinary Phytotherapy & Medicinal Wine (Part Two)
5. Different diets. Food combination. Timing. Digestion. Excretion (too many people don’t know how to safely and efficiently evacuate wastes)
6. Case Studies relative to clinical nutrition
D. Peak Energy DNA repair enhancement and Circadian Rhythms Alignment (Two hours)
The fourth series of breakthroughs is about DNA repair and the holistic regulation of circadian rhythms. The 2017 Nobel Prize of Medicine (Physiology) went to scientists who unveiled the importance of different circadian mechanisms that govern key biochemical pathways while the 2015 Nobel Prize of Chemistry was awarded to scientists who unraveled the complexities of DNA repair mechanisms. (5) After reviewing the fundamentals of the biology of circadian rhythms and DNA repair, we will delve into different holistique techniques that can optimize DNA repair and the body’s internal “clocks”, including but not limited to sleep hygiene, during which time the body detoxifies and repairs itself.
1. The Science behind DNA repair and Circadian Rhythms.
2. Holistic Techniques to enhance endogenous DNA repair
3. Holistic Techniques to better restore and synchronize circadian rhythms.
4. Sleep Hygiene
5. DNA repair enhancers
6. Case Studies
E. Peak Energy with Telomere therapy, Senescence Regulation, Gene Activation, Nutrient sensing and Angiogenesis Modulation (Two hours)
The Workshop’s last series of breakthroughs is about Telomere biology, Senescence regulation, Longevity Gene activation and Angiogenesis medicine. (6) To reach 120 years without debilitating conditions as have different supercentenarians, it is necessary to upregulate (promote) longevity genes, modulate telomerase, clear senescent cells, fine-tune nutrient sensing and maintain a smooth blood vasculature with quality red wine, among other holistic techniques. In this perspective, millennia-old mind-body techniques are powerful rejuvenation and peak energy therapies. This Session will teach the best of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Tibetan Medicine as well as French Medicine and general innovative medicine, all of which can target the longevity and peak performance pathways invoked above.
1. The Science behind Telomere Biology, Longevity Gene Activation, Cellular Senescence, Nutrient sensing, Angiogenesis modulation and parasympathetic activation.
2. Different Meditation and Mindful Techniques
3. Telomere enhancers.
5. Angiogenetic homeostasis
6. The Best of Chinese and Tibetan Medicine
7. The Best of French Medicine (Sophrology, Anthroposophic Medicine, Thermal therapy, Wine & Mushroom medicine, Phytotherapy, & more)
8. Case Studies
F. General Application & Case Studies (Six hours)
How the judicious targeting of the above-mentioned Hallmarks can successfully address different chronic diseases, delay the Aging Process and Boost Peak Performance
Avoiding & Reversing Auto-immune and Cancer Diseases (One hour)
The 2018 Nobel in Physiology (Medicine) went to scientists who have bio-chemically elucidated part of the immune system’s modus operandi with regard to cancer, thanks to which new cancer immunotherapeutics have reached the market. However, many of these genetic engineering immunotherapeutic procedures, including CAR-T cell therapy (CAR = “chimeric antigen receptors”) and immune check-point inhibitors, lead to serious auto-immune side effects. And when they do seem work, (for certain cancers like melanoma), we can’t ascertain for how long the cancer patient will be cancer-free because this treatment modality is still young, so we dont have enough hindsight and published long term studies. Furthermore conventional immunotherapeutics are expensive, hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. It thus makes sense to look into more natural immune-based approaches that have been evidenced to work for hundreds of years. This Session will thus show how holistic immunotherapies can be clinically superior (safe, efficient and cost-friendly) to conventional immune modulation techniques, both for cancer and other auto-immune diseases that are connected to an over-reactive and dysfunctional immune response.
The Biology and Hallmarks of Cancer
Just like the complexities of the Biology of Aging, the complexities of the Biology of cancer can be reduced to a few underlying biochemical processes or “hallmarks”. Because both Aging and Cancer Hallmarks share common pathways, fixing accelerating aging will favorably impact on cancer resolution (control and reversal). This approach is the ACR Institute’s originality.
1. Cancer cells stimulate their own growth (self-sufficiency in growth signals)
2. Cancer cells resist inhibitory signals that might otherwise stop their growth (insensitivity to anti-growth signals)
3. Cancer cells resist their programmed cell death (evading apoptosis)
4. Cancer cells multiply indefinitely (limitless replicative potential)
5. Cancer cells stimulate the growth of blood vessels to supply nutrients to tumors (sustained angiogenesis)
6. Cancer cells invade local tissue and spread to distant sites (tissue invasion and metastasis).
7. Cancer cells have abnormal metabolic pathways & a dysfunctional mitochondria
8. Cancer cells evade the immune system & bath in its inflammation cascades
9. Cancer cells are spured by mutations and genome instability
Summary of the First 9 Cancer Hallmarks.
10-14. Complementary Hallmarks identified by the ACR & OL Institutes
Analysis: Cancer avoidance mechanisms in supercentenarian & long-lived animals
Avoiding and Reversing Cardiovascular Events (One hour)
Save for a few genetic conditions, for the vast majority of cases, there is nothing fatalistic about cardio-vascular disorders. In its infinite wisdom, the body’s innate intelligence has all of what the body needs to thrive for around 120 years. The 60,000 miles of endothelium tubing a child has and the near 100,000 miles of vasculature tubing a human adult is endowed with are made to withstand a lot of “wear and tear”. The heart valves, which are made to open and close over one billion times during a human lifespan and the circulatory endothelial progenitor cells roam around these tubings to keep them in good shape. When strokes, artherosclorosis or calcific stenosis strike, it’s usually because the underlying homeostatic mechanisms dysfunction. And these can usually be holistically restored with techniques this Session will review. Successful CVD reversal Cases studies will be examined, in particular in the five basic fields where holistic cardiology has been shown to be superior to conventional cardiology: Atherosclerotic plaque and coronary diseases, Valvular disorders, Congestive heart failure, Arrhythmia and Sudden cardiac arrest. The One hour limit may be extended via Q & A. or with a longer presentation. We will do this because CVDs remain the number one category of diseases that hinder the 120 years lifespan most everyone should benefit from.
Avoiding and Reversing Alzheimer’s disease as well as other neurological disorders and amyloidosis (One hour)
Most supercentenarians die from some form of amyloidosis, where unfolding proteins clog up vital tissues, like those in the heart, kidneys and brain. In this Session, we will demonstrate that Innovative clinical medicine can holistically reverse many neurological disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease. While most supercentenarian die from amyloidosis, we can holistically slow this degenerative process down. We will review the Alzheimer’s Bredensen Protocol as well as other neurological problems like the “new” disease called “mild cognitive disorder” (reserved for the 65 + seniors), ADHD or ADD, insomnia and clinical depression. We will also give a general “brain enhancement” holistic protocol to help the brain stay in good harmony with the microbiota as well as the rest of the body to 120 years or so.
Avoiding and Reversing Metabolic Syndrome (Diabetes, obesity and high blood pressure), Hormonal disorders & and Joint degeneration (One hour)
With regard to the metabolic syndrome and hormonal disorders, we will review how Holistic and Innovative Medicine can help to better control and reverse these diseases of “civilization”. With the present medical system and the Government’s public health policies, the incidence of this disorder will soon impact one out of two Americans. Yet, it’s simple and cost-friendly to both prevent and reverse this disorder as it is characterized by holistically fixable techniques with regard to blood pressure, insulin resistance, abdominal obesity and other metabolic dysfunctions. Successful Cases studies will examined.
Minimizing the Accelerated Aging Pathways and Optimizing the Optimal Longevity Hallmarks (90 minutes)
In this section, we will show how Holistic and Innovative medicine can favorably impact longevity pathways, from general metabolism, deep sleep, muscle tone, weight management, cellular detoxification, autophagy, stem cell renewal, DNA repair mechanisms, Circadian harmonization, BDNF enhancement, mitochondrial biogenesis to the holistic modulating of different bioelectric, biochemical and hormonal processes, including, but not limited to mTOR, IGF-1, AMPK, NFR2, senescence, nutrient sensing, energy activation, the immune system and, among other processes, inflammation. (7) In this section, we will summarize some of the key hallmarks of biological aging (from the Institute’s Longevity Master Class) and how to prolong life extension to 12o years.
The Twelve Fundamentals in Holistic Medicine (30 minutes)
Each workshopee will receive a detailed outline of the workshop with a few documents. Each session will be open for question and answers.
Learning Objectives and take-aways
Understanding the Hallmarks (biochemical processes) of Peak Performance, accelerated aging and complex chronic diseases. Targeting these hallmarks with innovative and holistic modalities for safe, effective and cost-friendly resolution.
Two full days (20 hours): 24 hours with two lunch and Demonstration Sessions. Price being determined. (9) Presently, this workshop organization is pending. The date will be posted as soon as possible. The funds will go to finish the Institute’s documentary on cancer.
At the Conference room of the “Au Lac” Vietnamese Vegan Restaurant in the Huntington area. (Organization and scheduling pending) or elsewhere.
To be determined.
Two Organic Vegan Mediterranean-Style Longevity Lunches
Click here to see the menu. Each lunch Session will be two hours long and include either a documentary or a power point presentation or hands-on demonstration, for the second hour. The lunch hours are not computed within the Day Course Session of 8 hours. So in reality, this event is a 10 hours per day event.
One Kitchen Demonstration during Lunch
On how to make a Fasting Mimicking Diet similar to Professor Longo’s diet (a), a Mediterranean based longevity meal (b) and how to use wine to enhance the culinary experience while optimizing health and longevity.
This workshop will be presented by Pr. Joubert. (10)
Below, a 12 minutes video of a three hours power point presentation on optimal longevity, May, 2016, Carlsbad, Ca.
SECTION STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION